Saturday, May 16, 2015

Blurred (Kissed by Death,#2) by Tara Fuller

Inbetween BLURRED
by
Tara Fuller
(Goodreads|Twitter)
Cash is haunted by things. Hungry, hollow things. They only leave him alone when Anaya, Heaven’s beautiful reaper, is around. Cash has always been good with girls, but Anaya isn’t like the others. She’s dead. And with his deteriorating health, Cash might soon be as well.

Anaya never breaks the rules, but the night of the fire she recognized part of Cash’s soul—and doomed him to something worse than death. Cash’s soul now resides in an expired body, making him a shadow walker—a rare, coveted being that can walk between worlds. A being creatures of the underworld would do anything to get their hands on.

The lines between life and death are blurring, and Anaya and Cash find themselves falling helplessly over the edge. Trapped in a world where the living don’t belong, can Cash make it out alive?

4 Stars

Just look at that cover it's literally too good for my own.. I can't even.. I know I will love this book more that the first.. I just know.. and I am so glad to say that this 2nd installment of kissed by death didn't disappoint in any way. If anything this has surpasses the Inbetween way easily. Sorry Finn, Cash is just way too adorable.

lovecash


And well I have already expressed how much I loved Cash's character even from Inbetween. His happy go lucky and Devil may care attitude really made it bearable when I was having a hard time getting past the first few chapters of the book, so it is already a given that I will definitely love this sequel of Kissed by death.

Aside from Cash himself, one thing I really liked in this story, was the relationship between him and Emma. They made me cry more than the Cash and Anaya relationship did. I would probably sell… err, half of my book collections just to have a bestfriend like Cash or Emma who would stick with me through thick and thin.

Remember how Emma's life changes after the car accident ? Yeah that shit kind of change has been passed on Cash after surviving the fire where he was supposed to die. Although, Cash's hilarious and sarcastic remarks, are still present in Blurred, we also get to see a lot more of his hidden self, being the main character of this story and all. He's miserable.

Even though it was already hinted in Inbetween, that Cash's life isn't any better than Emma, it's still quite a shock to me to find out how messed up his life is.

Although his family are still physically alive, no one was really there for him. His mother left him and his father for another man, his father married to his work instead, that made him aloof to other people.
If that taught me anything, it's that anybody is capable of anything. I'm careful who I let in. There is nothing wrong with that.
  He uses women to pass time, he changes women as easily as changing underwear, I think,  But he never allow any girl to get pass the walls he created for himself- except Emma.
I looked her over, this girl who was as close to me as anyone was ever going to get.
Emma was the only person in his life that's consistent. The only good thing that stayed with him, when even his own family couldn't, the one who worries about him when his own mother didn't. She's the light in his life and vice versa, before.. well, Finn, come barging in and took his rightful place.
She fucking give her heart to someone who didn't have any
So imagine his betrayal and pain, when Emma started, seriously, dating Finn.

Yes, Cash felt bitter. I guess, He never really thought Emma's going to be stolen away from him. It was Emma, she was supposed to stay by his side forever... Right?

Oh no Cash dear, sorry but that's not how it works...

Deanlove

Cash felt he loved Emma, I mean more than a friend..
I could've loved this girl if I'd let myself. Anybody who got as close to Emma as I had would know it's harder not to love her that to just give in.
But I think, he can never really see her that way, he's just jealous and bitter,  he's still getting used to changes. I think the reason why he's hurt was not because he wanted to be the Finn on Emma's life but because he knows that she will never leave him the way his mother did, she's - Safe for him. But that's about it. She couldn't love him romantically, not with Finn around.

And then there goes Anaya, who happens to be his soulmate.. Like literally...i don't want to say a major spoiler-although I wouldn't really say that because I knew this piece of information even from Inbetween, but i decided not to reveal it here on my review.

I don't know how to feel about her. I actually adored her from the first book, she looks so much in control, like she actually knows what she's doing, but she kinds of messed up here, and oh-the blurb was misleading, she didn't save Cash from the fire because she recognizes Cash's soul, but bacause Balthazar told her to, and because he promised her salvation in exchanged for his own, I mean, for me "The end does not justify the means."

This isn't a perfect book. It is actually fairly flawed but I liked it anyway.The ending didn't introduce a and they live happily ever after crap, which is a plus for me. Same for the Inbetween.

Im so glad to find out that there's gonna be a 3rd book and its going to be about Easton. i mean, I almost felt bad about him always fixing his friend's mess, and not have his own share of happiness being the Hell's reaper and all. Fortunately Descent a few more months away from publishing.. Yehhhaaay!



Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments :) Just so you know, I love comments! I'll get back to you as soon as I can! :)